Friday, October 14, 2011

Making a Few Changes: Friday Feature

When I started this blog, my intentions were to link up with other parents, trade what has worked for us, and support one another.  I have always enjoyed hearing other mothers talking about their successes (and failures) because it can often take the guess work out of my day.

In order to broaden our spectrum of advice, I have decided to start something new!  Starting next Friday, October 21st, I will begin a Friday Feature.  From now on, my Friday blog will be written by a dad or a grandparent.  My plan is to alternate between the two every week.

I always find it interesting to hear my husbands' take on situations and why he does things the way that he does them.  Usually, its incredibly practical and I have learned so much from him!   Given the basic differences between men and women, there is a reason we were created to compliment each other.  We have totally different vantage points and its time to hear his side of the story!

Likewise, I LOVE listening to parents who have already 'been there, done that'.  By far, my #1 mama resources are my parents and my in-laws.  I call with questions often and, to be honest, they are usually right.  Like they say, hindsight is 20/20...well, I want to hear that 20/20. 

So, put it on your calendar!  On October 21st, this blog will turn into The Common Sense Grandparent.  And who else to start this new feature off than...

MY MOM!

I am so excited to hear what these dads and grandparents have to say! 

If you are a grandparent or father or want to suggestion someone, feel free to e-mail me at thecommonsensemama@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this idea!! can't wait to hear what your mama has to say! She is such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

up