Friday, October 21, 2011

The Common Sense Grandmama - You Are My Favorite!

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY!  I have been looking forward to today for so many reasons!  One, I am going out of town for the weekend...alone.   Two, it's friday!  And three, I get to start my Friday feature!  Woohoo!

I hope ya'll have a great weekend!  I'm about to board my flight...more details on Monday!
___________________________________________________________________
Without further ado, my favorite 'Common Sense Grandmama', my mom:

A friend told me recently about attending a funeral where the oldest daughter gave the eulogy.  After saying some very thoughtful and kind words about her father, she proceeded to say, "I was my Dad's favorite daughter because..."  Evidently, the air left the room as everyone gasped and held their breath while watching the other two children as they sat with their Mom.   "...and my Brother was Dad's favorite because..." and later, "My sister was Dad's favorite because..."  Hooray for that Dad! 

My goal for many years has been for each of my children to believe that they are my favorite, because they are!  Once I changed my attitude about these kids being who they were created to be vs. who I wanted them to be, it was easy!  They each have outstanding qualities making them unique and I admire and respect them for who they are.  This realization has truly been one of the greatest gifts to me and it has also been one of the greatest gifts I could give my kids.  Thankfully, I learned it early enough and continue with my husband, grandchildren and try with every person I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

up