Monday, September 19, 2011

What Happens When Mom Gets Sick???

Have you ever noticed that when your kids or husband are sick, their worlds stop and everything is focused on making sure they are comfortable and getting better?  I can't decide whether or not I envy that kind of treatment.  There is something to be said for getting to lay down, watch movies, and have someone cater to your every need.  At the same time, can any mom REALLY ever take off her pack? 

Tonight, I sped off to CVS to beg the pharmacist for some miracle drug for my fever, incredible sore throat, and body aches.  I anxiously told him, "You don't understand, I have three kids at home and my husband is in Afghanistan, I can't get sick!"  Well, guess what, I can get sick. 

Although mom's are pretty amazing and can do, well, MOST things, we still have to take care of ourselves, even it means feeding the kids cereal for dinner so there aren't any dinnertime dishes.  It can be in the little things that give our bodies a break therefore giving attention to other things, such as our immune systems. 

So, we'll see how things go tomorrow morning.  I'm praying that I wake up feeling refreshed, renewed, and fever free but if not, well, I guess I'll just figure it out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

up