Thursday, December 8, 2011

In Search of Balance

In the last few weeks, several of my friends have had babies.  I have so enjoyed talking with them, seeing their pictures, and hearing their 'new baby' stories. 

Last night, P and I were talking about the adjustment that families go through when a new little one is born.  It's always a bit challenging to find that balance but eventually it comes. 

While we were chatting, I realized that the discontent that I have been feeling comes from the same thing.  I need to find my new balance.  While P was gone, the kids and I had a routine that worked for us.  I was able to work out when I wanted, control the money, blog when I wanted, etc.  Now, while the kids routine hasn't changed much, my routine has been knocked on it's head and our budget...well, its MUCH more of a budget. 

This morning, I was thinking that I need to talk to somebody who is close enough yet far enough from our lives to give me a different point of view.  I'm really struggling to find my balance.  The body that I have worked so hard to tone, is slowly losing some tone because I can't find a reliable workout time, my writing outlet (here) is sitting untouched because I barely even have a moment to THINK about it much less WRITE for it, and resting...yea right!  I finally told P last Friday that I couldn't keep up with his pace...I was dying.  It's as though we feel that this time could end so we are running around like crazy people without coming up with a game plan...definitely not my style!

As I thought about it, it just made me realize how often we go through these times of imbalance.  The scale can be tipped so easily and then the battle to get it back in line starts all over again.  With every baby, every business trip, every start to a new school year...it's constant.

I guess I am writing this post for two reasons.  First, to explain why I have not been around as much lately.  I'm trying to figure out a new schedule for writing but until then, just hang in there with me.  Secondly, for all of those new mom's, I just want you to know that life will become normal again.  Just give it time.  Eventually, the uncomfortable tasks with become comfortable and you will feel in control of your day and body again. 

I cannot tell you enough how much I have appreciated your love and support over the last several weeks.  I have loved sharing our experience with you and look forward to sharing them for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

up